Calf Rearing for Tomorrow’s Herd – CalfCare Webinar January 2022
AHI together with Teagasc and the Dairy Co-ops with the support of Volac held a CalfCare webinar on calf rearing on 18th of January. Topics covered included:
- Colostrum quality and improved colostrum management.
- Three key points that farmers need to know and remember when it comes to housing calves.
- New guidelines in dealing with pain management in routine calf husbandry practices.
- New insights into how to prevent bloat in calves.
- Dairy farmer, Philip Donohoe, on his calf rearing management and what works for him to ensure a successful calving season.
To view the full webinar, click on the link below.
For the webinar, we produced a handout with more detailed information on each of the topics discussed at the webinar. Click on the link below to access the CalfCare handout.