Phase One (2017) of the Irish Johne’s Control Programme has commenced and all farmers who participated in the Johne’s Disease Pilot Dairy Control Programme (Pilot Programme) will be contacted directly by mail and invited to register for the supports provided by the Irish Johne’s Control Programme between now and the end of 2017.
Before registering for the programme you should be familiar with the requirements of the Irish Johne’s Control Programme, a summary of which is set out below.
During Phase One all herdowners are also encouraged to participate in one of a number of awareness-raising workshops to be hosted by milk processors, with input from Approved Veterinary Practitioners. For details of scheduled workshops contact your processor.
As part of the registration process you will be required to:
- Provide your consent to certain personal data being made available to Animal Health Ireland and the Database Operator (ICBF). This is to allow for the efficient and effective operation of the programme and will be used only for this purpose.
- Enable communications with those individuals and organisations supporting the programme to the minimum extent deemed necessary for the efficient functioning and implementation of the programme.
- Comply with the conditions that attach to the components of the programme which are in receipt of financial assistance including:
- Completion of an on-farm risk assessment (VRAMP); preferably within the calendar year 2017 and in any event within twelve months of the date on which the herd was registered in the Programme,
- Conduct a whole-herd test for Johne’s disease, in conformance with the Programme Technical Manual, preferably within the calendar year 2017 and in any event within twelve months of the date on which the herd was registered in the Programme, and
- Implementation, to the best of my ability, the recommendations agreed with the AVP conducting the VRAMP.
4. Herd owners shall not permit the sale of any JD test-inconclusive, suspect or test-positive animal, in accordance with the definitions provided in the current IJCP Technical Manual, except to a licensed slaughter premises, feedlot or herd from which animals are exclusively sent to slaughter.
Full details of the Requirements for registration in the Irish Johne’s Control Programme are available here.
The current technical manual is available here.
Expressions of Interest for Phase Two
An Expression of Interest (EOI) form for registration in Phase Two of the programme is available here for herds that did not participate in the Pilot Programme. Please complete and return either by post, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted in 2018 about the registration process for Phase Two of the programme.
If you would like any further information about the Irish Johne’s Control Programme please contact Animal Health Ireland by email email@example.com or Phone: 071 9671928.