Packaging & Labelling
– Place samples in a sealable bag within a padded envelope.
– Write your name, address and herd number on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
– Include the text “Exempt Animal Specimen” on the back of the envelope
– The minimum fee for submitting tags through the postal system (even for one tag) to a laboratory in Ireland or Northern Ireland is €1.80 (from April 4th, 2018). This should be sufficient for up to 10 samples, provided they are packed flat, rather than bulked up within the envelope
· For larger numbers, it is advisable to take your package to the post office to ensure the correct postage is paid.
· An Post have advised that they will retain envelopes where the correct postage has not been paid.
For further details of postal fees see www.anpost.ie/Rates2018